Old Glasgow Pubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Glasgow Pubs

History of Old Glasgow Pubs

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pubs In Bridgeton

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Pubs In Bridgeton Empty
PostSubject: Pubs In Bridgeton   Pubs In Bridgeton EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Hoping some of you can help me out in naming some of the pubs on Dalmarnock Road, London Road, Main Street Bridgeton.

Cheers

John Gorevan
Back to top Go down
https://oldglasgowpubs.forumotion.co.uk
dizzybint

Pubs In Bridgeton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pubs In Bridgeton   Pubs In Bridgeton EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:05 am

I lived just off London road at Fordneuk st.. and the pubs I remember
The Loughswilly
The Pop Inn
Jacks
The Cot Bar
The Balmoral.
The Cameronian
Two at Heron st and Brook st Mens names.. sorry cant remember
the Seven Ways
Walkers
The Crimson Star
The Braemar
The Tollbooth
there was a Reekie Linns but not sure what street it was in

Main street pubs I remember
The Laird Bar
The Red Lion
The Scotsman
Shaws Bar
The Park Lane

Dalmarnock road
The Dominion
The Colorado /Cactus
the Majuka

James st
The Mermaid Bar
Back to top Go down
old greg

old greg

Pubs In Bridgeton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pubs In Bridgeton   Pubs In Bridgeton EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:20 pm

"how ye doing guy's...ive jist joined the forum and can say it's great!!!...i can help ye oot in the pub's in bridgeton, dalmarnock, parkhead and well,...jist aboot every where really!!!...my wee da worked in the red lion and the misty inn in main st bridgeton and i can remember them well, even though i was only aboot 10 yer auld!!! he used me as slave labour and made me polish bottles, (big 'screw-taps') and wash tumblers for an extra 'ten-bob'!!! that was in the 80's though and ten-bob was no bad!!!...naw, crap noo that ah think o'it!..............iam tryin to find anybody who can remember the wee red lion and misty inn, the misty inn used to be called 'the lorne bar' in day's of old!...the guy who owned them was called 'colin sutherland'...the red lion was up at the shawfield bridge end, (facing 'gallachers bar), and the misty was at the cross end of the main st, (facing where 'gregs is today). i would love to hear from anybody who knew these boozers and a wee photie of them would be out of this world, cause i cant find any anywhere!!!.....any questions on the pubs in dalmarnock, parkhead and bridgeton, i would be glad to help indeed, cause i know every one and boozed in them all, so bring on the questions....'CHEER'S'!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pubs In Bridgeton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pubs In Bridgeton   Pubs In Bridgeton Empty

Back to top Go down

Pubs In Bridgeton
Page 1 of 1