Old Glasgow Pubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Glasgow Pubs

History of Old Glasgow Pubs

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kirk House Shettleston

Go down 
AuthorMessage
superdee

Kirk House Shettleston Empty
PostSubject: Kirk House Shettleston   Kirk House Shettleston EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:29 am

I worked at the Kirk house since 1971.
Alec Nimmo was teh landlord and his wife Claire, daighter Margaret & son Alec also helped out.
Barmen that i can remember
Andy Gillan
Alec Malcolm Snr
Alec Malcom Jnr (talcy)
Alec Jamieson
Stan
John Murray (womble)
Wee Bill
My brother John Brown

Brilliant charcters
Wee babs graham (Brilliant entertainer)
Tommy Cairns (Great man)
others to follow.

The pub was used as the basis for a religious programme called the other Kirk that looked at teh comparison between falling Church attendances and rising attendances in the Kirk House when it opened for teh first time on a Sunday. I missed teh recording as I was away on Holiday however it was brillaint with teh Salvaltion army woman singing the old rugged cross and Jimmy Imlah, wee babs and Jock Orr having a talk about the war.
Brilliant

We had so much fun as it was a real community pub with great characters - John hall - master complainer. No slops now!! I'm watching you.
Tommy Rannochan - gentleman of the first order
Bill Wilson - pathologist who died in his car in Crieff - loved taling to him about climbing.
Back to top Go down

Kirk House Shettleston
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Glasgow Pubs :: Pubs In Glasgow.-
Jump to: