The Royal Bar, sat on the corner of Scotland Street and Keyden Street which was formerly called Watt Street. The pub dates back to around 1872 owned by wine and spirit merchant James Taylor. Mr Taylor also occupied premises at 3 Finnieston Street, he resided next door at 5 Finnieston Street. He served the locals until the 1880s.
During the 1890s the licence changed hand a few times including George Weir and well known James Simpson. In 1899 Mr Simpson paid an annual rent of £39 and 10 shillings, he prospered in this pub, he resided at 240 Scotland Street in 1895 and in 1899 he was living in better accomodation at 137 Ardgowan Street. At the beginning of the 1900s Walter B Scott was licensee. During and after the First World War Charles McGarvey was the holder of the certificate. Many will still remember William Connelly who ran the pub in the 1950s and Margaret Anderson in the 60s.
Hope this is of some help.